Working in close collaboration with the parents and agencies responsible for education, we aim at promoting all-round development of the student with respect to her :
- Adjustment to environment
- Personal growth
- ADJUSTMENT TO ENVIRONMENT
- To fit our students to live in a modern civilized world through adjustment to their environment, we aim to train our students for:
- HOME LIFE:To prepare for an effective and satisfying membership of the most important social unit in the community -the family. To teach her to budget her leisure wisely so as to balance activities that yield satisfaction with those that are useful and necessary.
- WORK LIFE:To qualify for a suitable occupation through which she will make a major contribution to her community.
- CIVIL LIFE:To be prepared for active democratic participation in roles, large and small.
- PERSONAL GROWTH
- Through education we endeavour to help the pupils to become a total integrated personality through spiritual and moral, physical and intellectual, aesthetic and cultural, emotional and social formation.
- SPIRITUAL:To discern the will of God in her life and to be aware of His presence, seeking expression in a personal communion with Him, so that prayer and life become completely interwoven and everything is done with the desire of pleasing and glorifying God.
- MORAL:To develop undaunted courage to stand for right, even in the face of opposition and criticism. To be committed to the cause of justice and peace.
- PHYSICAL:To develop and maintain a sound body that is physically fit.
To establish good health habits, attitudes and an under- standing of her physical growth.
- INTELLECTUAL:To cultivate the intellect, to dialogue, to analyse, to foster the spirit of enquiry, to appraise and evaluate, judge rightly
- AESTHETIC:To value truth and to be sensitive to human nature and to beauty in all its forms (literature, art, music, nature etc.).
- CULTURAL:: To assimilate the culture of her own community through its conservation, transmission and renewal. To grow in appreciation of all cultures, regional, national and world.
- EMOTIONAL:To develop confidence with an ability to appreciate self and others. To handle in a balanced way her emotions and urges through proper use of reason leading to responsible inner freedom.
- SOCIAL:To promote her own social development through inter-personal relationships. To develop a deep concern and love for the poor and be personally involved in their uplift and human advancement. To strive to build a just society, a civilization of love through service, solidarity and universal brotherhood.
“The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.”
(Robert M. Hutchins)
At CJM, we try to inculcate the virtues of the heart, mind, body and soul to engender an overall development of personality. The academic curriculum is supplemented by physical training, value education, co-curricular activities and vocational training.
Value Education and Catechetic
“The very spring and root of honesty and virtue lie in good education.“
Catechetics for Christians and Value Education for students forms an integral part of the school curriculum. The primary aim of the teaching faculty of CJM is to make God known and loved; therefore, the spiritual development of pupils is their prime concern.
“Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and
creative intellectual activity.”
(John Fitzgerald Kennedy)
Exercise, games and sports are compulsory activities. Students are trained in yoga AND karate , , basketball, throwball, volley ball and badminton in preparation for inter-school competitions
Our Aims are :
- To enable our pupils to discover their true potential and to work towards their full development.
- To provide an environment where pupils will be happy and where they will strive for excellence.
- To enable pupils to grow in the knowledge and love of God, and to encourage them to serve Him in others and to spread the knowledge of the Gospel.
- To foster pupils’ academic, physical and spiritual growth.
- To encourage pupils to respect and value others as equals and respond to their needs.
- To encourage pupils to see themselves and what they have to offer in the context of the wider community.
- To ensure that our young people are well prepared for life in a rapidly changing world.